Menu

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Gragnano

Una Pizza Napoletana in San Francisco's SOMA district basically serves 2 things:  pizza and drinks (wine, beer, soda, coffee).  So no cocktails for me for dinner that day.  I promptly arrived at the opening time of 5pm because I wanted to make sure I got a seat right away.  The slightly chilled gragnano sparkling red wine paired well with my Ilaria pizza (smoked Buffalo mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, arugula, extra virgin olive oil and sea salt).  I've seen more lambrusco on wine menus than gragnano.  I like gragnano's subtle fizz, deep ruby red color and refreshing taste.  So this was a nice change of pace for me from the usual cocktail.  By the time I left an hour later, there were no more tables available and 2 parties waiting to be seated.  



Restaurant Specifics
Wine and Beer
Wednesday to Saturday from 5pm until out of dough
http://www.unapizza.com/sf/

0 comments:

Post a Comment