Menu

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Roasting Hazelnuts by an Open Fire, US Grant

Hands down my favorite drink of the holiday season was the Roasting Hazelnuts by an Open Fire at the US Grant hotel in San Diego.  After a day of being a tourist in San Diego, this drink was the perfect ending to a busy day.  The server did ask if I liked bourbon and I said "When mixed well in a cocktail, most definitely!"  The drink did not disappoint.   I enjoyed every sip to the last drop.  This cocktail was perfectly balanced with the Bulleit Bourbon, torched Briottet Hazelnut Liquer, applewood smoked brown sugar syrup and egg whites.



I loved the presentation of this cocktail in the stemware.  I don't think the picture gives a true perspective of the beauty of the length of the stemware.

I wish I was staying for another night to enjoy the cocktail again.  Perhaps next time I'm in San Diego during the holiday season.

Happy New Year all!

Restaurant Specifics
US Grant Hotel, Grant Grill Lounge
Breakfast, lunch, happy hour, dinner

0 comments:

Post a Comment