Menu

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Peony, Dosa Fillmore

I found myself on a recent Saturday afternoon at Dosa on Fillmore for a late brunch. I usually don't have a difficult time choosing a cocktail, but that particular Saturday I had a tough time. The Peony looked really interesting, except that it's made with gin. I've been working for over a year on "breaking out of my cocktail comfort zone" as prescribed in, http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2012/01/02/55-break-your-cocktail-comfort-zone. I am so glad I followed point #2 in this article by going with the gin drink. Besides the Right Gin, the Peony is also made with hibiscus masala nectar, coconut milk, lime, and birds eye chili. The homemade hibiscus masala nectar is a toasted ground spice mixture of black peppercorn, cumin, coriander, mustard seed and bird's eye chili, which with turbinado sugar and whole hibiscus infuses water. This drink is smooth, creamy with a underlying kick of heat from the bird's eye chili. For gin lovers and gin newbies, this cocktail is must order at Dosa.

Restaurant Specifics
Lunch (Wednesday-Sunday), Dinner (7 nights a week), Happy Hour (Mon-Thu 5:30-7)
http://dosasf.com/fillmore_home.htm
Peony, $10

I will definitely go back soon to order the drink at the bar so I can update this picture.  This picture does not do the drink justice.

Other Dosa drinks
Divya

0 comments:

Post a Comment