Menu

Friday, October 21, 2011

Whore's Bath

I just read in SF Eater that Azul is now closed and being replaced by a new Southern Style restuarant.  How could I have missed the headlines on this over the summer?

Azul was located in a tiny alley called Tillman Place near Union Square in San Francisco.  This was one of my favorite places to go for Happy Hours when I found myself in the Union Square neighborhood on weekday afternoons.  They divided their cocktails into three fun categories:  Cocktails to Dance With, Cocktails to Contemplate and Old Familiar Friends.  I chose a drink from the Cocktails to Contemplate menu and definitely felt the internal struggle of "Should I really order a drink called Whore's Bath?".  The cocktail menu is such a fun read.  The description for the Whore's Bath is "Paying homage to the fact that there was a secret brothel in this very building we bring you:  42 Below Manuka Honey Vodka, Ume-Shu plum wine, Fresh Lemon and Pear Liquor.  Garnished lavishly with Dehydrated and Shaved Pickled Ginger Black Hawaiian Lava salt and babies breathe."

I loved the concept in this place and contemplated hosting a party here.  But alas, they have now closed.  Hope the former bartender/bar program manager/cocktail menu writer shows up in a new location soon.  

Restaurant Specifics
Now Closed


0 comments:

Post a Comment