Menu

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Spicy Blood Orange Margarita at Base Camp Pizza in South Lake Tahoe

I was in South Lake Tahoe for one evening this summer and my friends decided to meet at Base Camp Pizza for dinner. We made the mistake of not making a reservation during a busy Friday night. There was some confusion prior to our seating. We were all thirsty to order something when we were finally seated. My friends immediately ordered beers and wine before I could even open the menu. I was pleasantly surprised to see several cocktails on the menu and promptly ordered the Spicy Blood Orange Margarita. When I placed my order, my friends all changed their drink orders to a cocktail. Most of them variations on the Blood Orange Margarita. Since we were all fortunate enough to be able to walk back to our hotels, we all ordered more than a few rounds of this margarita.

*This post is dedicated to a friend who shared drinks that evening who died a few weeks ago in an accident. RIP Tommy.

The Drink Spicy Blood Orange Margarita, $9.75
Jalapeno infused tequila, blood orange puree and a splash of sweet and sour.

The Place
South Lake Tahoe, Heavenly
Restaurant with full bar
Per their website, call for hours of operation
http://basecamppizzaco.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment