Menu

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Spanish Golden Ale at Coqueta in San Francisco

My research partner was so surprised when my drink that she said in shock "You ordered a beer?". But I hadn't. The name and your first glance trick you into thinking this Spanish Golden Ale cocktail is some type of beer. From the Modern Cocktail (Cockteles Vanguardia) section on the menu, this Golden Ale wows you from it's grand entrance and captivates you with it's flavor from the first sip to the last. I stared at this cocktail for some time before I took my first sip. It's mesmerizing to watch this golden cocktail swirl.

The drink - Spanish Golden Ale, $11
Ransom Old Tom Gin, Fever Tree Mediterranean Tonic, Amontillado Sherry, chocolate bitters, gold, lemon espuma

The Place - Coqueta
San Francisco, Embarcadero
Spanish restaurant
Daily lunch and dinner
http://www.coquetasf.com/

Other Coqueta drinks
Barca Gintonic

Other pictures from the visit
 Pinxtos
 Heirloom tomato salad
These Pinxtos were so delicious we had to do another round of these. Fill in the blank, what did my research partner say again, "Better than _________!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment