Menu

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hot Lips

I got a call from a friend today at 3:30 to meet somewhere for happy hour in San Francisco.  I let my fingers do the walking and chose Coco500 in the SOMA district. Coco500 has a $5 Happy Hour for happy hour cocktails, appetizers and wine during the work week from 4pm-6pm. We had to wait to get in at 4pm because we were a tad early.
I first ordered a cocktail on the happy hour. I enjoyed it. But when I saw the bartender cutting a red hot pepper for another customer's order, I knew that I was missing out on something special. Elaine, the bartender, said the drink she made was no longer on the menu and called Hot Lips. This cocktail is my kind of cocktail with tequila, fresno chiles, ginger syrup and cilantro. When she gave me the drink, she said "Here it is, complete with lips." The heat in this drink is smooth, earthy and consistent. It's the perfect after work cocktail to reenergize you. If you like tequila drinks with heat, this drink is for you. Just ask for Hot Lips and any of the bartenders at Coco500 should be able to make it for you.

Restaurant Specifics
Full Bar
Lunch and Dinner Mon - Fri, Dinner only Sat
http://coco500.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment