Menu

Monday, April 22, 2013

Chinese Mule, Hakkasan San Francisco




Hakkasan is a restaurant located in the Financial District in San Francisco. When I heard that Hakkasan was opening a San Francisco outpost, when I was in London last Spring, I made sure that I checked out the restaurant. After my dining experience there, I didn't know how they could replicate the experience in San Francisco and curious how they would set prices for their cocktails. While several reviewers have called Hakkasan overpriced Chinese food, I am a big fan of Hakkasan San Francisco's food, cocktails, decor and service. I know several people that would be turned off from the Chinese Mule drink because of the cilantro. I must admit I am a big cilantro fan. Hakkasan's spin on the classic Ginger Mule is refreshing and herbaceous. I also loved the pop from the ginger and ginger beer.

Yes, I'm a little late for posting this, but this was my drink on 12/12/12 at 12/12. 

The Drink - Chinese Mule, $12
Hangar One Vodka, Masumi Okuden junmai sake, cilantro, ginger, ginger beer

The Place - Hakkasan
San Francisco, Financial District
Cantonese Chinese cuisine
Open daily lunch and dinner, full bar
http://www.hakkasan.com/sanfrancisco/

Other Hakkasan drinks
Rhubarb Margarita(London)
Virgin Hakka (London)

Other pictures from the visit
 Love the bar!

 Love the woodwork!
 Love the stitching!

 Pan fried Shanghai dumplings

Shrimp Curry

0 comments:

Post a Comment