Menu

Monday, April 15, 2013

Meyer Lemon Crusta. Zero Zero

Zero Zero is located in the South of Market neighborhood of San Francisco. I've seen the Meyer Lemon Crusta cocktail pop up on our Facebook feed for Zero Zero. I'm so glad I finally made it in to try this delicious aromatic cocktail. I don't know what I was expecting, but this drink experience exceeded it. A perfectly balanced smooth drink to welcome the day.

So what's a Crusta? It's a style of cocktail that was invented in New Orleans in the 19th century. It's been credited to be the father of the margarita, sidecar and I've read in other sites, that a Crusta cocktail can also be presented with sugared rim and the addition of a lemon peel lining the lip of the glass (usually served in a glass with a smaller opening). Here's a link to an entertaining writeup of the cocktail evolution found in Esquire Magazine.

The Drink, $11
Buffalo Trace Bourbon, Meyer Limoncello, Pierre Fernand Dry Curaçao

The Place - Zero Zero
South of Market, San Francisco
Lunch and dinner 7 days a week, brunch
http://www.zerozerosf.com/

Other Zero Zero cocktails
Diablito
Torosian Heat
Peach Pimm's

0 comments:

Post a Comment