Menu

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Beauty School Dropout, Mortimer Bar

The Mortimer Bar is located in the Hotel Adagio just a few blocks away from Union Square. I've been wanting to try Mortimer since it opened in August 2012. The Broadway inspired Cocktail Menu is a fun read. As soon as I saw the Beauty School Droput drink on the menu, I immediately started envisioning Frankie Avalon singing the song to Pinky in the movie "Grease". If had a few more of these, I would have been singing this song right in Mortimer. Luckily I decided to spare the other Mortimer patrons from my singing and did not order another. I will definitely be back for this delicious, smooth concoction. As a friend noted about this drink, "Wow it's got a great finish, not a strong finish like a lot of other drinks you like." Stop by to try a Broadway inspired cocktail. Perhaps with the Evita, The Fosse, Jersey Boys or The Phantom you'll be transported to the Broadway stage.

The Drink - Beauty School Dropout, $12
Breaking & Entering Bourbon, Cherry Heering, almond orgeat, egg white and a squeeze of lime

The Place - Mortimer Bar in the Hotel Adagio
San Francisco, Union Square
Hotel Bar with food, weekday happy hour (5pm-7pm)
Monday - Friday 4pm to Midnight
Weekends noon - midnight

0 comments:

Post a Comment