Menu

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Oaxacan Crusta, Burritt Tavern

The Burrit Room is located in the 2nd floor of the Mystic Hotel just a block from Union Square. I had my first Crusta named cocktail a few weeks back at Zero Zero (Meyer Lemon Crusta). So when I saw a Crusta cocktail at Burritt Room, I knew I had to order it. After doing some research on the Crusta style cocktail, I wondered how the Burritt Tavern's would compare. What I missed in the Meyer Lemon Crusta, I found in the Oaxacan Crusta, the citrus lip. With the grapefruit lip perfectly placed, I had no problems drinking from it. Give this smoky cocktail with hints of citrus a try. It's addicting. Beware, with one too many of these, you may not find it easy to drink from the grapefruit lip.

The Drink - Oaxacan Crusta, $12
Mezcal, Apple Brandy, agave syrup, lemon, Price Pomelo Bitters

The Place - Burritt Room and Tavern
San Francisco, Union Square
Daily lunch and dinner, full bar
http://www.charliepalmer.com/Properties/Burritt/


Other Burritt Room Drinks
Without Permission
Poquito Piquante
Vesper Lynd

Other pictures from the visit
Lobster Risotto, $22

0 comments:

Post a Comment