Menu

Thursday, March 29, 2012

La Paloma, Mosto


When I arrived on a Wednesday night at 7:30, it was standing room only at both Tacolicious and Mosto in San Francisco's Mission District.  I've been wanting to try Mosto, the tequila lounge for Tacolicious since it opened. But I've always been distracted with Tacolicious' Pasion.  Luckily I found my drinking companion already seated at the Mosto Bar.

There aren't as many cocktail choices at Mosto as the tequila pours are the focus.  Mosto's version of La Paloma is made with El Jimador Blanco tequila, St. Germain Eldeflower liqueur, grapefruit juice, and Jarritos toronja soda.  It's served with a pink peppercorn rim and a thick wedge of fresh grapefruit. This tasty light drink is simply refreshing. It pairs well with the limited street tacos on Mosto's snack menu (which is different from the Tacolicious menu).  Next time, I'll have to do the tequila flight!

The Skinny
7 days a week, 5pm to midnight
La Paloma, $9

Street Tacos

Ceiling with canning jars and candlelit wall

The Tequila Bar

0 comments:

Post a Comment