Menu

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Between the Sheets, Original Joes


Original Joe's is located in the North Beach neighborhood of San Francisco. It's a classic Italian American restaurant with classic cocktails and classic service with the waiters dressed in black suits and bowties. There are no fancy cocktails described with locally sourced ingredients or purees. There's just a list of classic cocktails like the Martini, Sazerac and Greyhound. I must admit I did have to google a few of the drinks that I had never heard of before. I decided on a cocktail that I don't see on many menus, Between the Sheets, which is a variation of a Sidecar that was created in the 1930's. 

The first time I ordered the Between the Sheets cocktail was at Hobson's Choice in the Haight-Ashbury neighborhood of San Francisco. I bought into the advertising of the tshirt the bartender was wearing. At Hobson's I remember this classic cocktail being pretty sweet. Original Joe's version highlights the lemon's citrus and tart flavor. It reminded me of a a spiked lemonade.

When you go, sit back and relax in the beautiful large red booths. Making a reservation will help you get your table quicker. There was quite a line waiting for tables when we arrived promptly for our 12:45 reservation. We were seated immediately. Also, the food portions are large. Each of us ended up taking at least half our dish home.

The Cocktail - Between the Sheets, $7
Rum, cognac(or brandy), lemon juice, cointreau(or triple sec)

The Place - Original Joes
Breakfast, lunch, dinner, full bar
http://originaljoessf.com/


Other posts on Between the Sheets cocktails
Between the Sheets at Hobson's Choice



0 comments:

Post a Comment