Menu

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Wild Goose Chase, Fifth Floor

The Fifth Floor is located on the fifth floor in the Hotel Palomar in the South of Market neighborhood of San Francisco. With many California restaurants counting down until the Foie Gras ban on July 1st, bartenders are also getting on the action. Since I'm not a big Foie Gras fan, I asked some friends who are to join me on a research mission when I read that Brian Means at the Fifth Floor had created a . I got caught up in the moment and decided to go ahead with the group to order Wild Goose Chase. We ordered 5! I knew I would like the base of the cocktail (the non-foie gras) just by knowing the ingredients. I was surprised that I actually enjoyed the foie gras rim and the foie gras stuffed prune garnish too.

I also read that Alexander's Steakhouse also has a Foie Gras Cocktail, the Daffy Slur. Remember, this cocktail will only be available until June 30th.

The Cocktail - Wild Goose Chase, $16
armagnac, lemon juice, honey syrup and sparkling wine and is served with a foie gras powder rim and foie gras stuffed prune garnish

The Place - Fifth Floor
Dinner Tuesday - Saturday, Lounge Monday - Saturday, full bar
http://www.fifthfloorrestaurant.com/index.php


2 comments: