Menu

Monday, June 4, 2012

Skinny Margarita, Chevy's


I don't think I've been to a Chevys in at least 5 years for their Fresh Mexican cuisine. But a celebration took me across the Bay Bridge to the Chevys in Emeryville a few weekends ago. Everyone else was celebrating with pitchers of frozen margaritas, but I know I wouldn't be able to handle the brain freeze so I decided to venture through the drinks menu. I would have normally skipped over the Skinny Margarita, but when I saw that it was made with Casa Noble Organic tequila, I just had to have it. The Skinny Margarita was simply delicious with Casa Noble Organic Blanco tequila, agave nectar and lime juice. I recently attended a delicious Casa Noble tequila tasting at Tacolicious in San Francisco and have been a Casa Noble fan ever since.

I am going to make this at home with organic agave nectar and freshly squeezed organic limes for the ultimate organic margarita! Per myfitnesspal.com, the Chevy's Skinny Margarita has only 100 calories. Given that some of the other Chevy's margaritas clock in anywhere between 240-579 calories, this is a great alternative.

I should have also asked if they had the Casa Noble reposodo or anejo to sip with my dinner. Next time!

The Skinny
Lunch and dinner 7 days a week, happy hour (daily 2pm - 8pm), full bar
Chevys
Casa Noble Tequila

2 comments:

  1. Because if you're going to throw back a few margaritas, best to be organic and healthy about it. :-) No, I agree that the skinny margarita does not sacrifice taste at all, and the Casa Noble tequila makes it more tempting to have more than a few margaritas to make up for whatever calories were lost in the 'skinny' version. Who knew Chevy's could serve up tasty, organic drinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, I absolutely agree with you! You can have 5 of these delicious skinny margaritas with Casa Noble or 1 Cazadores Chevy's Margarita for the same number of calories.

    ReplyDelete