Menu

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Stone Rye, Pican


The cocktail menu at Pican in Oakland is divided into Pican Signature, Southern Twist and Classics.  Since I've been wanting to try a Rye cocktail, I chose the Stone Rye from the Southern Twist portion of the menu.  I was pleasantly surprised with this concoction of Redemption Rye, rock candy syrup, Cherry Heering and egg whites.  The Cherry Heering (a Danish cherry liqueur) not only adds a hint of cherry to the drink, but creates a beautiful pink hue.  Despite the rock candy syrup and the Cherry Heering, this drink is not noticeably sweet.  The rye grounds the cocktail.  The cherry on top was the perfect sweet ending.  As I told the server, this is my kind of drink. 

Happy Valentine's All!

Restaurant Specifics
Lunch and Dinner 7 days a week, Full bar
http://www.picanrestaurant.com/
Stone Rye, $10

Other Drinks from Pican
Deep South

0 comments:

Post a Comment