Menu

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Coconut Water at Glaze in San Francisco

Glaze Teriyaki Grill is located in the Lower Pacific Heights neighborhood of San Francisco. The first California outpost of this NY restaurant is located on Fillmore in the former Johhny Rocket's corner. Yes, I've joined the bandwagon of coconut juice lovers. I was surprised to see it on the menu at Glaze. So I ordered it. They removed the prewrap and skillfully created an opening with the cleaver. There is no comparison in taste and the texture of straight from the coconut juice and processed coconut water in a cardboard box. I will have to savor my next coconut juice from a fresh coconut. Until then, I will be going to Glaze to enjoy it. I would buy this from Whole Foods, but I don't trust myself with a cleaver...

Another nice option, is that the can take another whack to the cocnut when you are done so you can enjoy the meat at home.

The Drink - Coconut Water, $4

The Place - Glaze
San Francisco, Fillmore

More pictures from the visit
Edamame and Cucumbers
Salmon Salad

Coconut water in shrinkwrap

Closeup of the cleaver work

0 comments:

Post a Comment