Menu

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pantone at Trick Dog in San Francisco

I've been wanting to try the cocktails at Trick Dog in San Franciso since they opened. I've ventured there a couple times. But given no space at the bar or the side areas, I had to walk away. I struck gold a few weeks ago and was lucky enough to enjoy some of the cocktails on the Pantone menu before they changed over to the Record Menu on 45's. But over the next several days, I'll share my ode to the Pantone menu. So we start with the signature cocktail from their first menu, the Pantone. For me you can't go wrong with beet (for natural color and detox effects) and ginger (for the pop of flavor) in a cocktail. I originally asked "What's Kummel?" However, I just decided to order the cocktail. For the curious, per Wikipedia, Kummel "is a sweet, colorless liqueur flavored with caraway seed, cumin and fennel." I loved the color, the pop of spice and the bourbon. 

Whatever the menu format, you are guaranteed a delicious cocktail experience at Trick Dog.

The Drink - Pantone
Four Roses Bourbon, Combier, Kummel, beet, ginger, lemon (served up)

The Place
San Francisco, Mission
Bar with food
Open daily 3PM to 12AM
http://www.trickdogbar.com/

Other Trick Dog drinks
Grandma's Sweater
Razzle Dazzle
St. Elmo's Fire

Other pictures from the visit

0 comments:

Post a Comment