Menu

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Christmas Island, AQ

AQ Restaurant and Bar is located in the South of Market neighborhood of San Francisco. I had a difficult time deciding what drink to start off with for dinner. Both the cocktails on the Seasonal Cocktail and Originals section read so interesting. I asked our server what sweet woodruff tincture was. So without answering my question, he responded "THAT cocktail is amazing. We make all of our tinctures in house." With a response like that I had to order it. I loved this cocktail which reminded me of an Old Cuban (rum, champagne) without the mint.

What's sweet woodruff? In the Middle Ages it was used to help heal cuts and to help with digestive ailments. Today it's still used in herbal medicine.

I also didn't know where Christmas Island is located so I looked that up, it's part of Australia (hence the kiwi part of this cocktail).

The Drink - Christmas Island, $13  
White Rum, Kiwi, Champagne, Sweet Woodruff tincture

The Place
AQ Restaurant
San Francisco, South of Market (SOMA)
http://aq-sf.com/index.html
Dinner Tuesday - Sunday, Sunday brunch, full bar

0 comments:

Post a Comment