Menu

Monday, May 14, 2012

Bomba, Specchio

Specchio is a bilevel Italian restaurant located in the Mission District of San Francisco. The cocktail menu is a splashed with a Italian named cocktails. I chose the Bomba, a deceptively spicy cocktail with tequila, limoncello, lime juice, agave and serrano pepper. When the cocktail arrived with a pepper garnish, I thought perhaps it wasn't going to be as spicy hot as I had imagined. But I didn't see the serrano pepper seeds in the drink, so I shocked my research partner with my reaction. The first sip was if a Bomba (bomb in Italian) exploded. Don't get me wrong, I like this drink. It's a good spicy cocktail. But it's not as spicy as the lip burning spicy cocktails I've had in the past.

The space is beautiful and sexy. Please note, when there is a large noisy party in the upper lounge, the sound level in the restaurant is deafening.

The Skinny
Dinner and happy hour, full bar
http://www.ristorantespecchio.com/
Bomba, $9 ($5 during happy hour)

 Veal Marsala,$18

0 comments:

Post a Comment