Menu

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Casa Noble Tasting at Tacolicious

On Sunday the Seis de Mayo, I attended my first tequila pairing dinner at the Mission District location of Tacolicious with Casa Noble. What a fun tequilalicious event at Tacolicious. The food that evening was prepared by The Restaurant (from Mexico). Every single dish was expertly prepared and delicious!

I didn't know about the tequila making process until I attended this event. Casa Noble's amazing tequilas are certified organic and use new French wood casks to age the tequila. Prior to the dessert course, our hostess for the evening from Casa Noble quizzed the diners on things she covered during the night (cultivation time for agave plants, type of wood for the casks, agave cooking process, aging times for types of tequila, etc.). I should have paid more attention since I wanted one of the beautiful purple bottles of anejo. I will definitely be purchasing a bottle of Casa Noble soon!

On a side note, at my assigned table were 3 former staff members of EOS Restaurant and Wine Bar which closed down earlier this year in Cole Valley. It was fun to share with them that the EOS Refresher was my first post and is also the wallpaper for the website. I should have asked them for the recipe of my favorite shiitake mushroom dumplings. But I was in a tequila fog and forgot to ask.

The Skinny
http://tacolicioussf.com/
http://www.casanoble.com/
 Tasting Menu

 Oyster Shooter with Casa Noble Crystal

 Crystal (Blanco), Reposado, Anejo

0 comments:

Post a Comment