Menu

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Agua de Serrano, Julian Serrano

Julian Serrano is a Spanish Tapas restaurant in the Aria Hotel in Las Vegas. I booked a last minute weekend trip to Las Vegas in July because I was tired of the cold and the fog from a typical San Francisco summer. After an early morning flight, we were lucky enough to check into our room by 8AM. We then headed straight to the pool to nap a bit before the heat from the sun settled in. But by 9AM, it was already 91F. Before an afternoon meeting, we headed to Julian Serrano in the Aria Hotel for a quick lunch. I had a tough time choosing a cocktail to pair with lunch and asked the server for some help. I was disappointed when he said that all their cocktail were on the sweet side. But when I saw the Agua de Serrano with an habanero-agave syrup, I knew that was the cocktail to try. It wasn't as spicy as I was expecting. But it definitely packed a punch with the rum, tequila and cava. I must admit I could have done without the sugar rim, but I know some of my fellow researchers out would love it. Now that I think of it, a spiced sugar rim would go really well with this cocktail...

The Drink - Agua de Serrano, $14
Patron Citronage, 10 Cane Rum, Cava, orange, habanero-agave syrup

The Place - Julian Serrano
Las Vegas, Aria Hotel
Daily lunch and dinner, full bar
http://www.arialasvegas.com/dining/julian-serrano.aspx

Other pictures from the visit
 Steak Sandwich, $11
Chicken Sandwich, $10 
Flat Iron Steak Salad, $12
 Lighting
Lighting

0 comments:

Post a Comment