Menu

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Street Beat, Jones


Jones is restaurant, bar, outdoor dining space located just 3 blocks from Union Square in San Francisco. Since there are few outdoor drinking spaces in San Francisco, I've been wanting to check it out since it opened. Luckily this summer has found me in the Union Square neighborhood pretty regularly. The cocktail menu is such a fun read with Signature Cocktails ($15), Jones Cocktails ($10), and Classic Cocktails ($10). With tequila and jalapeno as two of the ingredients in the Street Beat cocktail on the Jones Menu, I knew what I had to try. Also, the fun name and description for this cocktail in the menu convinced me, "Don Julio Tequila, agave syrup, hash jalapeno and cucumber with lime juice join forces to form a dance party in your mouth. Give it a whirl. See how it moves you." I like when what you read is what you get!

It used to be rare to find tequila based spicy cocktails. I'm so glad it's been on about 50% of the cocktail menus I've opened this summer. I'll be back to Jones soon to try some of the other fun named cocktails, Kensington Zinger, Don't Call me Barbie, First Glance, or the Cherry Berry Sour. But on a windy and chilly day, I'll sit indoors next time, although the bar stools don't look as comfy as the outdoor seats.

The Drink - Street Beat, $10
Don Julio Tequila, agave syrup, hash jalapeno and cucumber with lime juice join forces to form a dance party in your mouth. Give it a whirl. See how it moves you.

The Place - Jones
San Francisco, Union Square
Tuesday - Saturday 5pm-midnight/2am, Sunday brunch, full bar
http://620-jones.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment