Menu

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Black Rose, West of Pecos

West of Pecos is located in the Mission District of San Francisco. I had no idea what to expect when I ordered the Black Rose. I love tequila and I like drinks with shrubs in it, so I thought, why not? I told my research partner that although it had tequila, she would not like it. Of course, she gave it a try. After her first and only sip, I was surprised that there was no immediate facial reaction. Within a millisecond, the puckered lips and cringing eyes spoke silently to me with the "I should have listened to you. You know what drinks I like and don't like". While she did not like the drink, I on the other hand enjoyed the bold and tart flavor. It's deceptive since it looks like a Coca Cola on the rocks when served. If you like shrubs in your drink, then you'll enjoy this one. If all black roses are like this, I'm happy to receive one anytime.

The Drink - Black Rose, $9
Anejo tequila, apple shrub, fernet vallet, black walnut

The Place - West of Pecos
San Francisco, Mission
Southwestern cuisine
Dinner nightly, full bar
www.westofpecos.com

Other West of Pecos Drinks
Pecos Punch
Do it Yourself Lemonade (non-alcoholic)
Prickly Pecos Margarita

0 comments:

Post a Comment