Menu

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Cuban Style Mojito at Cana in San Francisco

Cana is a Cuban Parlor and Cafe located in the Mission District of San Francisco. I've been wanting to try Cana's outpost in San Francisco since going to the original in Oakland. They have such fun named cocktails on the menu such as Some Like it Hot, "...But Hemingway Ain't Cuban...", and John Coltrane walked in with La Mulata. Usually I would have ordered Some Like it Hot with tequila and serrano chile, but I haven't had a good Mojito in a while. Cana's Cuban style Mojito did not disappoint. Per their website, they "use of Real “Caña,” that is Crushing Our Own Sugar Cane to Produce Syrups".

Make sure you check the website when there is live entertainment. When I dined there, I had no idea they cleared the first floor to allow for salsa dancing and very loud live music. My dining companions and I ended up conversing via text messaging. I loved the food, the space and the drinks. But I enjoy good food with good drinks and good conversation.

The Drink - Mojito, Cuban Style, $13
Mint, lime, cana (simple syrup), splash of soda with Angostura Rum

The Place - Cana San Francisco
San Francisco, Dogpatch
Cuban restaurant
http://www.canasf.com/

Other Pictures from the visit
 Fried Chicken Sandwich
Salad...loved the plantains!

0 comments:

Post a Comment