Menu

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Barca Gintonic at Coqueta in San Francisco

Coqueta is Michael Chiarello's new restaurant located on Pier 5 in .  Coqueta means "flirt" in Spanish. What an appropriate name for his twist on Spanish cuisine. Each dish and drink definitely flirts with you with it's presentation. Often you wonder, how could I possibly eat/drink this work of art. You submit and eventually do. It's been some time since I've been impressed with every sip and bite at a restaurant. How do I know? Well, I go for a second sip or bite right after the first and then I say "Wow, this is amazing, I haven't tasted anything like this before".

The Barca Gintonic is on the Spanish Gin and Tonic section of the cocktail menu. It was the perfect drink to start a meal. I was surprised with the presentation of this cocktail. The cocktail arrived with the gin and the garnishes in the glass. The Fever Tree tonic was poured table side. Lastly the server gently shook the drink in a circular fashion on the table. What a great conversation starter.

The Drink - Barca Gintonic, $12
Bloom London Dry Gin, Fever Tree Tonic, grapefruit

The Place - Coqueta
San Francisco, Embarcadero
Spanish restaurant
Daily lunch and dinner
http://www.coquetasf.com/

Other pictures from the visit
 Tortilla Andres
Smoked salmon, honey, truffle oil, whipped manchego cheese

0 comments:

Post a Comment