Menu

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Silk Road at Rich Table in San Francisco

Rich Table is located in the Hayes Valley neighborhood of San Francisco. The cardamom in the cocktail really intrigued me. However I was worried that this cocktail would be too sweet with the rum and honey. Wow, was I wrong! This cocktail is exotic and smooth as silk. I love the pop of spice, the foundation from the grapefruit and the fizz from the cava. Beware, this cocktail is easy on the eyes and easy on the palate. One too many of these and who know's what road you'll be travelling.

As part of my post drink research, I googled Silk Road. Now I wonder if this drink was named after the website Silk Road (the first Google search result) or for for the historic Silk Route for initially silk trading through Asia, Europe and Africa. Whichever the reason, this cocktail is an inviting welcome to Spring cocktail.

The Drink - Silk Road, $11
Dutch Rum, grapefruit, cardamom, honey, cava

The Place
San Francisco, Hayes Valley
Dinner Wednesday to Monday nights, full bar
http://richtablesf.com/

Other Rich Table drinks
Big Night
Let's Go
Whack a Mole
Rich Coffee
Round Heel
Big Night: Act II
Hopalong

0 comments:

Post a Comment