Menu

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Port of Spain at Beretta in San Francisco


I recently read that orgeat was one of the trends in San Francisco cocktails. I definitely agree with that. More and more cocktail menus include at least one cocktail with orgeat. Frequent readers of the blog, should know that I love mezcal. So when I saw the Port of Spain with mezcal on Beretta's menu, I ordered it right away. The orgeat, a syrup made of almond, sugar and orange/rose water, was a bonus. Mmm...Mmm...Mmm...I just need some Caribbean tunes to complete the escape.

Luckily I found the Beretta recipe online on the Del Maguey website.

The Drink - Port of Spain, $11
Mezcal, lime, orgeat, bitters

Recipe per Del Maguey website by Dominic Alling of Beretta 
1 oz Small Hand Foods Orgeat
1.5 oz Del Maguey Vida Mezcal 
.75 oz Lime Juice
.5 oz Angostura Bitters

Shake all ingredients with ice. Double strain into chilled cocktail glass.
Garnish with a floating lime wheel.

The Place - Beretta
San Francisco, Mission
Restaurant, Italian
Daily dinner, weekend brunch
http://berettasf.com/

Other Beretta drinks
Nuestra Paloma
Single Village Fix 

0 comments:

Post a Comment