Menu

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Aromatic Randez Vous, Artesian

The Artesian Bar is located in the Langham Hotel just off of Oxford and Regent Streets in Central London, United Kingdom. I lived, worked and played in London for five years, ages ago. It was my first time back to the UK since I left. This time I went for more play than work. I was told by friends that the Artesian Bar serves the best cocktails in London. I absolutely agree. Every single drink I ordered was carefully crafted for taste and presentation. They make sure all the garnishes are edible too. If you have read my previous gin entries, you should know that I'm not a gin drinker. That's why I found it strange that I decided to order the Aromatic Randez Vous since it's a gin based drink. I ordered this multi-layered cocktail for all the herbs in the drink.  Simply AMAZING! I admit, I am now a converted gin lover.

From their cocktail menu:"Aromatic Randez Vouz - Hand selected aromatic and fresh botanicals such as coriander, tarragon; oregano and rosemary are muddled with fresh lime and shaken with G'vine, refined and sexy French gin. Served over ice and lengthened with Artesian sparkling water and garnished with apple blossom and jasmine flower. On the nose fresh jasmine blossom, on the palate sweet and spicy cardamom, rosemary and coriander with long floral finish. Simply delicious!"

I now know why the bar was awarded World's Best Cocktail Menu 2011 by Tales of the Cocktail.  The best thing about the cocktail menu for me, is how they map out the cocktails based on a flavor. It allowed me to automatically ignore the fruity and refreshing cocktails and focus more on the rich and vibrant cocktails.

Since it's currently Brit Week 2012 (April 24th to May 7th 2012), Happy Brit Week All! More London adventures soon.

The Skinny
Full bar with food
http://www.artesian-bar.co.uk/artesian.html
Aromatic Randez Vous, £14 converts to $22.57 (at 1.6124 usd/gbp of 4/24/2012). Yikes! Luckily, tax is already included in the drink price!

Other Artesian Drinks
Aromatic Randez Vous 
Summer in Paris 
Berry Foolies 
Cask My Thai
Silk Route
Oye Mi Canto
Artesian Punch


The leftover smooth spherical ball of ice which perfectly chilled my cocktail.

0 comments:

Post a Comment