Menu

Friday, April 13, 2012

Margaritas, Centrico

Centrico is located in the Tribeca neighborhood of New York City. Food Network's Aaron Sanchez is the chef at Centrico, a Mexican restaurant. The only cocktail to order at a Mexican restaurant is a margarita, but do I frozen, up or on the rocks? My dining companion and I decided on one frozen and one on the rocks. Both margaritas were delicious. The frozen Mango Margarita is made with fresh mango juice and tequila.  The Centrico Margarita is made with Sauza Hornitos Silver, agave nectar, and lime juice. Both drinks were on the tart side and strong. At first we were a bit surprised by the flavor...not sweet like a lot of places tend to make frozen drinks...but with the second sip I really started to like it!

Next visit, perhaps the Frozen Strawberry Caipirinka for $12, the Jala-Pina for $14, the Smokin' Rita with a float of mezcal for $19 or the Big Papi with the frida kahlo anejo and 100 year grand marnier for $27.  I just love when there are so many choices.  Perhaps with the next visit, I'll get a chance to meet Aaron and add him to my Meeting Celebrity Chefs album!

The Skinny
Monday-Sunday Dinner, Sunday brunch, full bar
http://www.myriadrestaurantgroup.com/centrico/
Frozen Mango Margarita, $12
Centrico Margarita, $13

Written in collaboration with a Drinks in the City New York correspondent.

0 comments:

Post a Comment