Menu

Monday, April 9, 2012

Wasabi Hi, Nihon

Nihon is located in the SOMA neighborhood of San Francisco. Although this Japanese restaurant is known for it's extensive offerings of whiskey, Nihon has a great list of cocktails. If you like wasabi, the Wasabi Hi is for you. This citrus vodka, lillet blanc and wasabi libation can be ordered with low, medium or high heat. I decided on the medium heat. I am lucky that I did. The medium heat was perfect for me. I can't imagine the intensity of heat for the high heat (perhaps as intense as The Risk Taker at the now closed Trademark). The wasabi does settle over time while you drink it.  So the concentration of heat (wasabi to liquid factor) does increase over time. The Wasabi Hi is a great start to spice up your evening.

The Skinny
Dinner, Tuesday to Saturday, full bar, happy hour (Tuesday to Friday 5:30 - 7)
www.nihon-sf.com
Wasabi Hi, $12 during regular hours, $6 during happy hour

0 comments:

Post a Comment