Menu

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Promissory Note, Alembic

The Alembic is located in the Haight Ashbury neighborhood of San Francisco. The two sections of the cocktail menu, The Canon and New School, are such an entertaining read. Since tequila has lately been my spirit of choice for cocktails, I quickly skimmed through the menu. I first ordered the Love in Vain cocktail from the New School section. But I was quickly disappointed when the bartender said that they are no longer serving that drink and another one (the Poop Deck). So my eyes wandered up to the Promissory Note which I saw had tequila. Since I had only glanced at the menu, I was surprised when I took my first sip.  In my quick read, I didn't notice the other ingredients of dry vermouth, canton ginger, honey and absinthe. Wow, simply amazing.
The fun description for the Promissory Note in the Alembic menu, "In these economic hard times, everyone needs a little bailout. we’ve concocted a little stimulus package to help you throw caution to the wind. reposado tequila, dry vermouth, canton ginger liqueur with a touch of honey and a dash of absinthe ought to do the trick. go ahead, put it on your card. but remember, payback is a,well, you know."
If you like tequila and aren't afraid of absinthe, this drink will intrigue you.
Sure hope no one needs a real Promissory Note on Tax Day!

The Skinny
Lunch and dinner
http://www.alembicbar.com/
Promissory Note, $11


Other Alembic Drinks
Last Caress
Southern Exposure
Mint Julep

Other pics from the visit:

Side view of the Promissory Note (love the glass)

Sumac potato chips with lemon-garlic yogurt and zataar, $5

0 comments:

Post a Comment