Menu

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Bowery Fix, Saxone + Parole

Saxone and Parole is located in the NoHo (North of Houston) neighborhood of New York City. I must admit for my unexpected 3 day trip to New York, I really had a tough time researching where to go. Since I was not able to attend Tales of the Cocktail in New Orleans this year, I figured why not try some of the nominees for the Spirited Awards. Saxone + Parole was nominated for Best Restaurant Bar 2012. Another local favorite of mine, Slanted Door in San Francisco, actually won this year. So I knew I could not go wrong. I loved the restaurant. The cocktails I chose the Bowery Fix because of the spicy chile tincture, tequila and mezcal. I just loved how the spicy chili tincture was dotted across the drink for the visual effect instead of being mixed into the drink. The Bowery Fix was served in a chilled glass which alleviated the effects of a New York hot and humid day.

I wish I had one of my mocktail researchers with me. Their list of non-alcoholic drinks seem so interesting (Bell Pepper Lemonade, Garden Tonic, Bowery Punch, Andy Ricker's Pok Pok Drinking Vinegar, Spiced tea, Cucumber & Thyme Fizz, and Raspberry Shrub).

The Drink - Bowery Fix, $14
Espolon blanco tequila, mezcal, yellow chartreuse, fresh bell pepper and chili, $14

The Place - Saxone + Parole
New York City, Bowery
Daily dinner, weekend brunch, full bar
http://saxonandparole.com/

Other pictures from the visit
 Bread plate
Tomato and Burrata salad
Lights in the dining room
Scallops on top of celery root puree

 Pork Chop

0 comments:

Post a Comment