Menu

Friday, May 3, 2013

A Campos Cooler at Rickhouse in San Francisco





Rickhouse is located a few blocks from Union Square in San Francisco. I wandered the blocks around Union Square trying to figure out which place to go to. It's been a while since I'd been to Rickhouse, so I decided to head over. For those of you who live in the SF Bay Area, you know that yesterday in San Francisco was unusually hot. By the time I got to Rickhouse, I wanted something to quench my thirst. I  first ordered the La Bonne Vie from the one page menu. I loved that cocktail, but I needed something more. When I asked to see the cocktail menu again, they gave me a binder. I should have asked for the full menu before I ordered from their one page summary. The full menu is broken down into cocktail types like highballs, swizzles, crustas and more. I wanted to try the Mariachi (mezcal cocktail) but with the nearly unbearable heat in SF I opted for the Campos Cooler.  Boy it hit the spot. It was a light and refreshing twist on a margarita. Definitely a spa cocktail in a glass with the cucumber and ginger. I can't wait to return to try more drinks in the cocktail binder.

The Drink - Campos Cooler, $10
Cucumber infused tequila, fresh lemon juice, agave nectar, ginger and bitters.

The little story on the cocktail menu for this drink sold me.  "As cool and refreshing as the Sea of Cortez on a sunny afternoon - it is the sort of beverage that exists solely to wistfully whisk you up. Somehow it manages to do so just as quickly as it could send you back from whence you came."

The Place - Rickhouse
San Francisco, Union Square
Bar
Tuesday - Saturday
* Note, 2 drink minimum with a credit card

0 comments:

Post a Comment