Menu

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Roffignac Cocktail at Hard Water in San Francisco

Hardwater is located in Pier 3 along the Embarcadero in San Francisco. As my research partner and I were drinking through Hard Water's cocktail menu, we were both intrigued with the red hembarig syrup. When we asked the server, they said it's a German syrup. Since neither of us had a drink with the ingredient, I knew I had to try the cocktail. I am so glad I did. This is a refreshing tangy cocktail with citrus hints.
Now a few weeks later since my visit to Hard Water, I wanted to find out more about the German syrup. There isn't much about it (not even in Wikipedia). Per the following article link, it's a raspberry vinegar syrup (Roffignac cocktail and the red hembarig syrup). Who knew such mystery could revolve around a cocktail?

The Drink - Roffignac Cocktail, $10
Rittenhouse 100 rye, lemon, grapefruit, red hembarig syrup, soda water

The Place - Hardwater
San Francisco, Embarcadero
Restaurant, full bar
Lunch and dinner Monday to Saturday
http://hardwaterbar.com/

Other Hard Water Drinks
Mint Julep

0 comments:

Post a Comment