Menu

Monday, May 6, 2013

Mexican Radio at The Alembic in San Francisco

For Cinco de Mayo, I headed to the Alembic Bar in the Haight Ashbury neighborhood of San Francisco in search of a cocktail to celebrate. I was excited to see the Mexican Radio cocktail name on the menu and duly ordered it. The Alembic's cocktail menu is always a fun read. Catchy cocktail names gets me to look at the ingredients. An interesting story to go along with the name and the ingredients just adds to the experience and is a conversation starter. I loved this Mexican Radio. On this station did I hear a song from a mariachi band, the current popular boy or girl band or a Latin ballad after a few of these? I can't remember, but all I know is that this Mexican Radio is #1. I'll be back for another...soon.

A belated Happy Cinco de Mayo!

The Drink - Mexican Radio, $11
Sino Resposado, pineapple gomme, lime, coffee liqueur, Fernet, Cardinel Mendoza brandy


Per their cocktail menu "when you feel a hot wind on your shoulder, and the touch of a world that’s a little bit older, turn the switch and check the number, leave it on when in bed you slumber, hear the rhythms of the music and buy this product, because you’re gonna want to use it. Sino Reposado, pineapple gomme, lime, House Spirits coffee liqueur, Fernet, Cardinel Mendoza."


The Place

San Francisco, Haight Ashbury
Bar/restaurant
Open daily noon to 2AM


Other Alembic Drinks

0 comments:

Post a Comment