Menu

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Sumo Wrestler at Blackbird in San Francisco

Blackbird, in the Castro neighborhood of San Francisco, was our 3rd stop on a bar crawl.  I haven't been to Blackbird since it opened in 2009. Within a nano second of viewing the cocktail menu, my research partner declared, "I want a Sumo Wrestler". Did I have the heart to tell it that Evan Williams was bourbon? Of course not because I wanted to try it too with the bourbon and yuzu(Japanese citrus). Wow, what a tasty cocktail. The yuzu adds complexity to this cocktail. You will find yourself pinned to  the floor in the doyho ring with one too many of theis delicious Sumo Wrestler. Trust me, it's hard to stop at just one.

I love the tag line on the Blackbird website, "Drink like a horse for the price of a bird". That about sums it up. It will not take me another three years to return to this place. I love everything about it: the drinks, the crowd, the vibe and the savvy bartenders.

The Drink - The Sumo Wrestler, $9
Evan Williams, Nigori Sake, Yuzu Juice and Yuzu Marmalade

The Place - Blackbird
San Francisco, Castro
Bar with bar jar bites
Cash only
http://blackbirdbar.com/


Other Blackbird drinks
Lola
Kokomo


Other pictures from the visit
 Hummus with crackers

0 comments:

Post a Comment