Menu

Friday, May 10, 2013

The Lola at Blackbird in San Francisco

Lola is a Spanish form of Dolores. I had just seen my Lola Dolores the day before at her daughter's wedding a few weeks ago and was inspired to order this. I knew of the sexy and strong association with the name Lola. However, I didn't know about the Spanish origin meaning sorrow. This drink definitely has a strong spirit base from both the tequila and mezcal. But is also shows it's sexy side with white tea, King's Ginger and Grapefruit Bitters. This cocktail is definitely not for the weak at heart. This was my last drink of the evening from a Sunday crawl a few weekends ago. So can you guess what song was running through my head on the way to dinner at Kpop. Here's a hint, "Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl".

The Drink - Lola, $9
Altos Plata Tequila, Vida Mezcal, White Tea, King's Ginger, Grapefruit Bitters

The Place - Blackbird
San Francisco, Castro
Full Bar, happy hour, bar jars
Cash only

Other Blackbird drinks
Sumo Wrestler
Kokomo

0 comments:

Post a Comment