Menu

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Azucar, Azucar

Azucar is a Mexican Lounge in the South of Market (SOMA) neighborhood of San Francisco. I first heard about Azucar when I attended the Cuesa Spring Cocktails of the Farmer's Market, where Edgar served up the delicious Beso de Rogelio. Although it took a while for me to actually make it to Azucar, I have made it one of my regular spots since the Mexican street food and the fresh cocktails are delicious and addicting. I chose the signature cocktail Azucar (means sugar in English) for my first cocktail since it has tequila and habeñero. I just loved the slight heat from the tincture.

The Queso Blanco (jalapeno parmesan cream sauce) served with chips below is addicting. I almost ate the entire order myself. They also have Taco Tuesdays (all you can eat for $10) and $4 margaritas. On Wednesdays they have Wanderlust Wednesdays with International Tacos, the first week was Adobo tacos from the Philippines.

The Cocktail - Azucar, $9
Revolution Reposado Tequila, Green Chartreuse, lime juice, grapefruit juice, agave syrup, house made habeñero tincture

The Place - Azucar
San Francisco, South of Market
Open Monday - Saturday 4pm onwards and Sunday 11AM - 3pm, happy hour
www.azucarsf.com

Other Azucar drinks
Xalapa Margarita
Bailar con Frida

Other pictures from the visit
Queso Blanco, $6

0 comments:

Post a Comment