Menu

Monday, July 16, 2012

Ginger Margarita, Spice Market London

The Spice Market is located in the W Hotel in Leicester Square in London, England. It was my first meal in London since I moved from there almost 16 years ago. What a great way to celebrate my London return. One of my researchers is a fan of ginger cocktails, so when I saw the Ginger Margarita on the menu, I knew that's what I had to order. With tequila, ginger and ginger salt, this drink did not disappoint. This cocktail shines with the spicy pop of the ginger.

At the end of the trip, when my research companion and I went through all the different meals, we decided Spice Market was the best since all the dishes we ordered were spiced differently and were amazingly all delicious.

There are a few other Jean-Georges Spice Market locations (Atlanta, New York and Qatar). If you don't get to one, a link to the cocktail recipe is found below.

The Drink - Ginger Margarita, 11£
Sauza Hornitos Reposado Tequila, Ginger, Lime, Ginger Salt
Recipe
*Note, some of the at home researchers have made this cocktail at home. They note that although it's a bit labor intensive, that it's well worth the wait.

The Place - Spice Market
London, UK/Leicester Square
http://www.spicemarketlondon.co.uk/ 

Other pictures from the visit

 Pappadam Chips
 Crab dumplings
Bento Box




0 comments:

Post a Comment