Menu

Friday, July 27, 2012

Bonne Vie No 2, Ice Cream Bar

The Ice Cream Bar is located in the Cole Valley neighborhood of San Francisco.I just returned from a research visit in Las Vegas and had nothing in my fridge to put a quick lunch together. So I headed to the Ice Cream Bar to check out their lunch offerings and see what drinks (although non-alcoholic) are on the menu. I had a tough time deciding between the Passion Project lactart and and the float. After a short discussion with the soda jerk, I went with the Bonne Vie No. 2 float since I was looking for something light and refreshing. I never knew that basil ice cream could taste that good. What a nice refreshing surprise after a delayed flight back(Air Force One) from the heat of Las Vegas.

I am always impressed by their combination of flavors on their menu so I'll return soon for the Passion Project. I can't wait to see what fun concoctions they will come up with once they get their beer and wine license in place.

The Drink - Bonne Vie No. 2, $8
Fresh pink grapefruit, turbinado sugar, citric acid, basil ice cream, fresh basil

The Place - Ice Cream Bar
San Francisco, Cole Valley
Daily noon to 10pm
http://theicecreambarsf.com/

Other Ice Cream Bar Drinks
Valentina (non-alcoholic)
A Lover's Game (non-alcoholic) 

Other pictures from the visit
 Grilled Cheese and Sweet Potato Chips, $8.50

Egg Salad Sandwich and Roasted Vegetable Salad. $8.50

0 comments:

Post a Comment