Menu

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Peculiar Purple Pieman, Bourbon Steak

Bourbon Steak is Michael Mina's steakhouse located in the Westin St. Francis Hotel in the Union Square neighborhood of San Francisco. This Spring/Summer season has taken me to more frequent visits in this touristy part of San Francisco. Just from the name alone, I had to try the Peculiar Purple Pieman on the Specialty Cocktails list. When the drink arrived, I was surprised at the pretty color. As you can see, it's definitely not purple but more pink. I just love the rum and orgeat combination. The sprinkle of nutmeg puts this drink over the top. It's a tropical concoction that starts you googling on your smartphone for a last minute beach trip.

The Clock Bar at the Westin St. Francis was packed when I arrived at 5pm, so I headed to the Bourbon Steak bar instead. I'm glad I did.

The Drink - Peculiar Purple Pieman, $15
Flor de Cana Rum, strawberries, orgeat and benedictine

The Place - Bourbon Steak
Union Square, San Francisco
Dinner 7 nights a week, full Bar
http://michaelmina.net/restaurants/locations/bssf.php

Other Bourbon Steak Cocktails
Goji Sun

Other pictures from the visit to the bar
 Short Rib Sliders
Grilled Shrimp and Avocado Louie Salad (split portion)

1 comments:

  1. Put all the dough ingredients into a mixing bowl. Beat for three to four minutes with an electric mixer set at medium speed. Cover the bowl and refrigerate the dough for two hours.
    http://www.neworleansbarandgrill.com/bourbon-bar-greensboro.html

    ReplyDelete