Menu

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Pink City, Otis Lounge

Otis Lounge is located on a quiet alley in the Union Square neighborhood of San Francisco. It's been a while since I've been to Otis, so I'm glad I had a reason to go. When I asked for the cocktail menu, the bartender said it was outdated, but they could make anything. Since I went there to try the Pink City cocktail that is in the Russian Standard Vodka 7x7 contest, I asked for it. The bartender said they could make a variation of it. Even though my version was slightly different from the 7x7 recipe, it was still delicious. For my variation there wasn't a blueberry compote (hence not as pink as in the 7x7 webpage) and the coconut milk was not infused with cardamon. I loved the spicy kick from the ginger and the topping of rich coconut milk. I can't wait to make this at home.

For a list of other featured cocktails in the contest, see the following link, http://www.7x7.com/russianstandard2012. The deadline to vote is July 20, 2012. I can't wait to try them all! 
 
The Drink - Pink City, $8
Russian Standard Vodka, coconut milk, ginger solution, fresh lemon juice and blueberry compote.
Recipe

The Place - Otis Lounge
Tuesday - Sunday, happy hour
http://www.otissf.com/

Other Russian Standard 7x7 drinks
Jalapeno Business

Other pictures from this visit
I just love the peacock theme in the downstairs lounge area.




0 comments:

Post a Comment