Menu

Monday, July 23, 2012

Prickly Pecos Margarita, West of Pecos

West of Pecos is a restaurant located in the Mission District of San Francisco. I am in cocktail heaven on this block of Valencia Street with West of Pecos, Locanda and Wo Hing General Store. When I saw the serrano pepper with tequila in the Prickly Pear Margarita, I knew that's what I had to order. I had no idea that a prickly pear was a raspberry colored fruit. So when the pink cocktail arrived, I was a bit skeptical. I honestly don't know why. This drink is my type of drink with a slight hint of sweet and lots of heat. I started to get worried when my lips started tingling after 3 sips. But luckily the heat didn't get stronger. The lovely color from the prickly pear just makes this drink an all around intense flirty drink. I am definitely not one to order or even drink pretty pink drinks, but the Prickly Pear Margarita will be permanently on my list of exceptions to a rule. I'm headed back soon to try some of the other interesting concoctions on their menu like the Sidewinder, Pecolada, and Cortez the Killer. Of course, I wouldn't try all in one night, could I?

The Drink - Prickly Margarita, $11
blanco tequila, fresh lime, agave, serrano pepper, and prickly pear juice
 

The Place - West of Pecos
San Francisco, Mission District
Dinner Nightly, Full Bar
http://westofpecos.com/



0 comments:

Post a Comment