Menu

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Cholito, La Mar Cebicheria

La Mar Cebicheria is a Peruvian Restaurant along San Francisco's Embarcadero in Pier 1 1/2. I haven't been to La Mar in at least over a year. And was glad that two different friends had wanted to revisit La Mar within two weeks. It was such a special treat. I had never had pisco before dining at a Peruvian restaurant years ago. There were two ingredients that caught my attention for the Cholito cocktail: jalapeno and ginger. When I had this delicious spicy and gingery cocktail, it was at night (see the picture below) and I couldn't appreciate the color of the drink. This cocktail is a tease with the beautiful hue of red and flavorful pop of spice.

The Drink - Cholito, $11
Pisco Mosto Verde, Creme de Cassis, ginger beer, lime juice, jalapeno pepper, ginger syrup

The Place - La Mar Cebicheria
San Francisco, Embacadero
Peruvian Cuisine
http://www.lamarcebicheria.com/web/index.php

Other pictures from the visit 
 A Cholito at night 
(I loved the jalapeno garnish on top whose heat permeated through the drink with each minute)
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment