Menu

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Crystal Beach, Cotogna

Cotogna is an Italian restaurant located just off Jackson Square in San Francisco. It's one of my go to places for drinks and food. The food, the drinks, the service is always stellar. Since I hadn't been there in a while, I was excited to see some new cocktails on the menu. So I had to order the Crystal Beach. When it arrived, we were surprised that it was beautifully garnished with purple basil. I was expecting the normal green basil since the menu only specified basil. I just love being surprised with not only the presentation but with flavor. The Crystal Beach swept me away from the doldroms' of a foggy cold San Francisco summer with the pop of ginger, the flavorful rye and the contrasting colors of the cocktail with the purple basil. 

The Drink - Crystal Beach, $11
Rittenhouse Rye Whiskey, lemon juice, Fair Goji liqueur, ginger beer and purple basil

The Place - Cotogna
San Francisco, Jackson Square
Italian
Weekday lunch, dinner nightly, weekend brunch, full bar
http://www.cotognasf.com/

Other Cotogna Drinks
Strait Breeze
Vodoo Child
Viceroy
Valentino
All Summer Long
La Capilla
Spezzatura
Chattanoga Girl
Calypso

0 comments:

Post a Comment