Menu

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Chattanooga Girl,Cotogna

Cotogna is an Italian restaurant just off of Jackson Square in San Francisco. Their food, cocktails and service is always exceptional. The Chattanooga Girl cocktail continues this trend. I love the bold flavor and I adore the whiskey color which is enhanced by the red hues of the creole bitters. As many cocktail enthusiasts now, bitters were used "back in the day" in liquid tonics to cure what ails you by doctors and pharmacists. I could immediately feel the "medicinal benefits" of the creole bitters permeate through my body (even though it may have been in my head only). A few too many of these and I'll be practicing my Southern accent!

While I was researching what a Tennessee accent sounded like, I stumbled upon the concept of Southern American English and the different dialects within it. I really had never thought of the different regions as dialects, but more accents. Interesting! 

The Drink - Chattanooga Girl, $11
Tennessee Whiskey, Sweet Vermouth, Peach, Creole Bitters

The Place - Cotogna
San Francisco, Jackson Square
Italian
Weekday lunch, dinner nightly, weekend brunch, full bar
http://www.cotognasf.com/

Other Cotogna drinks
Strait Breeze
Vodoo Child
Viceroy
Valentino
All Summer Long
La Capilla
Crystal Beach
Spezzatura
Calypso

0 comments:

Post a Comment