Menu

Monday, September 10, 2012

Coconut-Basil Cooler, NOLA

NOLA is a New Orleans style restaurant located in downtown Palo Alto. Since I wasn't going to be able to make it to Tales of the Cocktail in New Orleans this year, when I found myself in Palo Alto, I knew that I had to go to NOLA for a NOLA fix. The drink menu is a bit overwhelming with sections like "rum luck", "tequila:30 (as in what time is it?)", "bluegrass state cocktails", "gin soaked" and "shaken, not stirred". Since it was full blown summer heat in Palo Alto, I wanted more of summertime drink, so I went for an uncharacterisic sweet drink, The Coconut-Basil Cooler. This drink was absolutely refreshing. I never knew that coconut and basil would go so well together in a cocktail. I must experiment more at home! I can't wait to return and try some of their other cocktails.

The Drink - Coconut-Basil Cooler, $8
Skyy coconut vodka, muddled fresh basil, hand squeezed lime juice, housemade basil simple syrup, sparking soda, shaken ice cold and served on the rocks

The Place - NOLA
SF Bay Area, Palo Alto
New Orleans cuisine
Weekday lunch, daily dinner, Saturday brunch, full bar
http://www.nolas.com/index.html



0 comments:

Post a Comment